KAUFMAN HOW DID YOU DO IT????



sO...
Alternative Narratives...

By far my favorite structure for films. So I looked to see what films did the best versions of that, so that Rhea and I could find out how we were going to structure our short film.

My first and favorite film of all time
Image result for eternal sunshine of the spotless mind gifImage result for eternal sunshine of the spotless mind gif

The one and only Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Written by one Mr. Charlie Kaufman, the film is the embodiment of the alternative narrative, throwing their viewer for a loop with every scene. Just when you think you've figured it all out and had you're, "AH HA," moment, they throw you back around and make you question it all. When I was pondering how Kaufman had structured the piece I thought it was going to be extremely disjointed and chaotic but the film is just in reverse. What confuses the viewer is the aspect that Clementine is being erased, so then the story gets extravagant. 


The next piece I looked at was Love Death and Robots

Image result for love death and robots gif

The 24 episode anthology series is the perfect show to look at is I want some inspiration for a short film. Each episode is only an estimated 10-20 minutes in length. But the perfect episode to look at for what I wanted to create is, "The Witness." The plot is the perfect loop and is a concept I had wanted to explore for a while. In short the episode start by watching a man kill this girl. From the building across you see the another girl watching him. He notices and chases after her to kill her. But when they finally catch up with each other the girl goes and kills him. Then she looks out the window to the building next to her where the man is watching her do that. One seamless loop. So I wanted to Maybe take a look a concept like that.

Anyway that's all for today. Rhea and I will be meeting tomorrow to discuss more story ideas. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the last time...

Here it is... my CCR and final Blog posts... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P6FBV9e-TAviK8CrWKdu1RugCX9X5LeR It's been fun, and I...