The immaculate conception of genius

You might want to call me Einstein. Sooooo Rhea and I were discussing what would be our final idea. Holy sh*t it got hectic. In all honesty we were really worried that we wouldn’t be able to come up with a solid idea. But on Monday after school I went home and sat down to play Minecraft. No I’m not 12. No I can’t give you a reason I’m playing it. No I’m not proud of it but it’s still kind of fun so I play with my friends. LEAVE ME ALONE I CAN FEEL THE SEETHING JUDGEMENT THROUGH MY SCEEN EVEN THOUGH YOU’RE READING THIS IN THE FUTURE.



It’s all part of the process. So Rhea and I sat on FaceTime as I played Minecraft and we discussed what the plot would be and came up with a final idea. While I was dumping out concepts to Rhea she was jotting down notes and shooting down ideas faster than Bradley Cooper in American Sniper. As for the notes here’s what she wrote (these are just the notes. No need to read them. Summary is at the bottom)...



happy stuck on repeat

-stranger than fiction

-person who is happy to be stuck in the loop and they know what is going to happen. they get broken out of the loop and wish to get back into it.

-show some character’s thoughts

-how the loop breaks will be up to the audience’s interpretation

-act 1: establishing the loop (2-3 times repeated)

-act 2: loop breaks/conflict occurs (wakes up late 6:46, instead of 6:45)

-act 3: resolution

(clique) Coma idea- stuck in loop represents day to day in a coma / loop break represents bringing to wake up from coma. audience understands at the end that the whole thing was coma/dream

(backup) coming of age type of deal- have to adapt to new way of life

something triggers the break in loop/character finds out what the trigger was and brings them self back into the loop

two friends-one leads the other

person living through the loop / one is convincing the other to break out of their loop

-act 1 / 2 mins: establishing the loop between both characters/ they know each other are both in the loop (2-3 times repeated)

-act 2 / 2 mins: Presenting conflict-why one character wants to break the loop and trying to convince the other to join

-act 3 / 1 min: resolution- (inception idea) alarm clock goes off at specific time (6:45:00) every morning/takes 10 seconds to turn off alarm, time ticking to 6:45:10 for the audience to wonder if they ended the loop or continued.



But yea so in short the film would be about two characters in a loop. In order for them to stop the loop and continue the timeline they would both have to agree. But one has become overtly content with the loop and enjoys his time, while the other is ready to move on. The film would end in a sense like inception leaving the audience up to interpretation whether they think they ended the loop or not. Anyway that is the current status of the story and if anything changes I will keep you updated. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the last time...

Here it is... my CCR and final Blog posts... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P6FBV9e-TAviK8CrWKdu1RugCX9X5LeR It's been fun, and I...